By Linda L Barton
Partners in Crime: For over a year, we’ve all heard the constant drumbeat claiming COLLUSION when it comes the Trump 2016 Presidential campaign. Now, we have proof of collusion, but it’s NOT from President Trump. The top government watchdog, Judicial Watch has released a batch of emails showing fired FBI Director James Comey consulted with Special Counsel Robert Mueller about his Russia testimony.
Judicial Watch obtained the emails through a lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act. The emails show senior FBI officials told Comey to seek Mueller’s advice before “any congressional committee” about President Donald Trump’s campaign supposed colluding with the Russia government during the 2016 presidential election.
In the emails, it also shows Comey was advised to seek Mueller’s counsel on the circumstances surrounding his firing by Trump in early 2017.
In June 2017, Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee. However, these emails strongly imply Comey was coordinating and speaking with Mueller BEFORE his testimony about what to say regarding the Trump-Russia collusion spin
In one email chain dated May 19, 2017, which is not long after Comey was fired, Comey’s then Chief of Staff James Rybicki, sent an email chain to then FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, FBI Deputy Director David L. Bowdich, former FBI General Counsel James A. Baker, and others. It said: “Please see a DRAFT response to Director Comey (below). I will hold pending further direction….”
The email states: In response to your emails below we have consulted with executive management here, including the General Counsel, and recommend the following:
- That your counsel conveys any acceptance or declinations to invitations to testify directly to the Committees.
- That your counsel consult with Special Counsel Mueller to determine the timing of any such testimony and, [Emphasis added]
- The Office of General Counsel stands ready to discuss with you in consultation with the Department of Justice and the Special Counsel, institutional privileges or prerogatives that may be presented by any such testimony.
- The emails, along with news reports, also reveal that Comey met with Mueller before his June 8, 2017, testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee and, according to Judicial Watch, that testimony was coordinated with Mueller.
However, here is where it gets even more interesting. During Comey’s testimony, he testified that he leaked memos he took while leading the FBI. These emails include detailed private conversations he had with Trump. Comey then brought the emails to a friend and told him to give them to The New York Times.
Of course, the far left-leaning paper rushed to publish a report detailing the memos, which claimed Trump was erratic and likely obstructing justice. Comey went on to testify that he leaked the memos with the intent of having a special counsel appointed.
Judicial Watch clearly lays out the timeline:
- May 17, 2017 — Comey was notified to appear before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee.
- On May 18 and 19, 2017, an email chain with the subject line “Future testimony” shows former Comey FBI Chief of Staff James Rybicki, former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and Assistant Director Gregory Brower, Comey and others discussing Comey’s upcoming testimony
- May 18 at 6:30 pm, Comey sent an email to Rybicki confirming that he had accepted the invitation to testify before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
So, here is the important question. Why was Comey advised to speak with Mueller before his testimony? Did Mueller know or tell Comey to leak the memos? Why hasn’t this been reported by anyone? All important questions that need an answer.
The fact that Comey and Mueller were colluding behind the scenes is something that must be looked into further. Collusion? There’s your collusion.
Please share this article with your Patriot friends. Also, leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Linda L Barton is a proud Patriot Warrior and supporter of President Donald Trump. She is a non-apologetic flag waving, gun owning, lover of free speech, and believer in our God-given rights and freedoms. She is not afraid to speak her mind, which often lands her in hot water with the weak-kneed, Snowflake cry-babies on the left.